Quality Assurance Technician
HOURS: 39.5 HOURS PER WEEK, ROTATING DAYS/NOONS SHIFT (FLEXIBILITY REQUIRED TO MEET WITH THE DEMANDS OF THE BUSINESS).
Shift based role providing a factory-based QA service to the Leek facility and systems in order to ensure compliance with legal, customer and procedural requirements. Reporting to QA Team Leader.
- Auditing of people, products, systems, procedures and documentation in order to identify areas of (possible) non-compliance and ensure the necessary corrective action is taken.
- Maintaining calibration of all critical site equipment
- Maintain quality related records in an orderly manner to allow efficient filing, retrieval and archiving.
- Isolating suspect finished goods for decision on disposition.
KEY TASKS & DUTIES:
- Carry out customer/consumer complaint investigation.
- Audit of quality procedures during production.
- Maintain the Non Conformance system, carrying out monthly trend analysis.
- Execute sample requests as required.
- Co-ordinate trial requests in conjunction with other departments.
- Maintain hygiene standards by following cleaning schedules and keep work areas clean and tidy at all times by adopting ‘clean as you go’ principles.
- Maintain food safety related audits e.g. glass and Perspex / hard plastic, personal hygiene at the prescribed frequency.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake any other associated duties which may occasionally arise.
- To undertake additional shifts to cover extended running hours or holiday cover as required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an experience of working in a food production environment, be confident in handling numerical information and be able to work in an organised manner with minimal supervision.
As an employee of Ornua, you can expect to receive a competitive salary along with the following benefits:
Free Onsite Parking, 31 Days holiday, Company Contribution Pension, Subsidised Staff Canteen, Company Shop (offering discounts on products), Sports & Social Club, Staff Lottery, Childcare Vouchers, Discount on Bikes and Tech Scheme, Confidential Employee Assist Programme.
To apply please forward your covering letter and CV to:
Lindsey Heath – Resourcing Specialist
Ornua Foods UK, Sunnyhills Road, Leek, Staffordshire. ST13 5SP
OR email: email@example.com