Operations Shift Manager
GRADE/RATE: ATTRACTIVE SALARY PLUS BENEFITS
HOURS: ROTATING SHIFTS – MON TO FRI (06:00AM TO 14:00PM & 14.00PM TO 22:00PM)
As Shift Manager you will lead and drive factory performance and have the ability to identify and implement key improvements while ensuring consistency of approach across all shifts. You will champion operational standards at shift level and promote team development to achieve goals and KPIs.
KEY TASKS & DUTIES:
- Management of the zone leadership team (6 Direct Reports) and indirectly the area teams.
- Ensure the factory has adequate skills at all times through effective people processes.
- Be responsible for driving plant performance through operational excellence in accordance with factory standards and KPIs, escalating and resolving issues where required.
- Work with the CI Team to achieve targeted project deliverables.
- Ensure effective communication channels are adopted and adhered to throughout the zones.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
You must have a proven track record driving operational excellence in a FMCG environment, with a strong background in the management of safety and food safety.
You will be computer literate with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Experience in change control is essential along with good communication skills with the ability to relay information effectively.
Experience in Lean tools and techniques, as well as the knowledge and the ability to create the necessary culture for Lean to thrive is desirable. In addition to this, you will possess the ability to build, motivate and develop high performing teams, as well as have strong problem-solving ability and cross-functional consensus-building skills.
Experience of working in a unionised environment is also desirable.
You will demonstrate flexibility in your approach with an anxiety to complete assignments on time.
You will ensure timely decision making under complex and demanding circumstances and be pro-active and a creative problem-solver.
As an employee of Ornua, you can expect to receive a competitive salary along with the following benefits:
· Free Onsite Parking
· 31 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
· Company Pension
· Subsidised Staff Canteen
· Company Shop (offering discounts on products)
· Sports & Social Club
· Staff Lottery
· Childcare Vouchers
· Discount on Bikes and Tech Scheme
· Confidential Employee Assist Programme
· Company Mobile Phone
For any additional information on this role or to apply, please contact Lindsey Heath, Recruitment Specialist or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com