Manufacturing Execution Systems Controller
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Execution Systems Controller to join our Operations team on site at Ornua Foods. This role is full time, office hours (8.45am - 5pm) however flexibility around working our is a must due to the nature of the role.
Key Tasks & Duties:
We require an MES controller to take a lead role in supporting the development and delivery of a new Manufacturing Execution System (MES) being implemented at Ornua Foods, Leek. You will be heavily involved in the project from conception through to delivery. In a post go live state, you will work alongside other departments to continually analyse operational performance to help drive efficiency. Working as a key member of the Operations department with close ties to other areas such as CI, Finance and IT functions, you will be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills to help drive efficiency and leverage value from the new MES system.
Specific duties include the following
Projects responsibilities (in partnership with IT)
- Working closely with the IT function and other related departments to support the development and rollout of the MES system.
- To engage in:
- Requirements gathering exercise.
- Process mapping review sessions of “As Is”, “To Be”.
- Standard operating procedure development.
- User acceptance and end user training.
- Work alongside operations team sponsors to agree roles and responsibilities.
- Communicate regular progress updates to other project / team members.
Personal Qualities & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in and or supporting operations within manufacturing facilities with exposure to areas such: yield, giveaway, mass balance, traceability, label verification and OEE controls and reporting.
- Knowledge or experience of using and or supporting MES and / or SCADA systems – Hellenic FOPS would be advantageous.
- Analytical ability to comprehend and understand process issues. Ability to quickly draw conclusions and solve problems.
- A team player with ability to be self-sufficient and using a collaborative approach to problem solving and service delivery.
- Ability to develop documentation such as standard operating procedures, process overview and reporting dashboards.
- Strong change management experience within a diverse, fast moving environment.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
Salary: Up to £40,000 per year
Hours: Full Time
For any additional information on this role or to apply, please contact Kate Taylor, Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large amount of applicants, if you do not hear from us within 14 days your application has been unsuccessful, although every effort is made to reply to each candidate individually.