GRADE/RATE: SALARIED – Competitive salary and benefits
HOURS: MONDAY TO FRIDAY 08:45AM to 17:00PM
At Ornua Foods our vision is clear – to become Europe’s highest performing cheese packing facility. Operating from our state-of-the art facility in Leek, Staffordshire as part of the global Ornua group, our brands include Pilgrims Choice and Kerrygold and, through strategic partnerships with leading dairy providers, we are also the largest buyer of British cheese in the UK. We are dedicated to providing a safe, creative and informative environment for our employees and we pride ourselves on being a good employer. With regular training programs, we actively encourage our employees to build on their skills whilst at Ornua Foods.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Brand Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Director of Brands, this high profile role within a fast paced, dynamic FMCG business is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to lead and develop a much loved consumer brand. This full mix Brand Manager position within a highly accountable culture, offers true brand ownership and full P&L responsibility.
KEY TASKS & DUTIES:
The Brand Manager will:
- Help develop and implement a compelling vision, 3-year strategy and subsequent annual brand plans based on consumer insight and commercial rigour
- Champion the brand plans with all key stakeholders, including Sales, Category, Retailers, Production, Finance and Global Marketing in Dublin
- Develop close working relationships with sales colleagues to identify opportunities by account and build exceptional activation TTL
- Drive the brand P&L to deliver against challenging financial growth objectives
- Work with agency partners to develop and deliver the annual brand activation programme
- Lead the development of a 3-5-year innovation pipeline, including the delivery of NPD and EPD projects
- Manage marketing budgets, building a case for the required level of marketing investment to deliver specific plans
- Manage, coach and develop a graduate
PERSONAL QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will be an ambitious and passionate FMCG brand marketer with a minimum of three years’ experience, looking for a new challenge and greater responsibility. With solid brand building, innovation and product development experience, it is essential to have a high level of commerciality and previous P&L responsibility.
Key additional attributes:
- You will have passion, energy, and a relentless drive to build the brand, teamed with an ability to challenge the conventional
- A robust track record of achievement across the mix, gained within one or more leading FMCG environments
- Demonstrating a consumer centric approach to all you do and the ability to relentlessly enhance the equity of the brand.
- Able to operate effectively in a fast paced working environment and needs to enjoy a challenge and thrive in uncertainty and change
- Strong project management skills, planning and prioritisation are essential.
- Excellent communication skills, highly literate and numerate, self-motivated and able to function with autonomy & rigour
- Ambitious, demonstrating a desire for future success
As an employee of Ornua, you can expect to receive a competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- Free Onsite Parking
- 31 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
- Company Pension
- Subsidised Staff Canteen
- Company Shop (offering discounts on products)
- Sports & Social Club
- Staff Lottery
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discount on Bikes and Tech Scheme
- Confidential Employee Assist Programme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Mobile Phone
For any additional information on this role or to apply, please contact Lindsey Heath, Recruitment Specialist or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org